How to easily prevent pollution
By Lukas Stumpf on⟵ Back to Stories
and provide a better future for our lovely planet.
So, we thought we would share with you
- Only go grocery shopping with reusable tote bags (for example, ours). And if you forget them — reuse the plastic bag you are given to transport the groceries as a bin liner.
- Use reusable produce bags or throw your fruits and vegetables together in one bigger bag after weighing them. Believe us, you don’t need an extra bag for all the different produce that you buy. Reuse the plastic bag (if you use one) as a bin liner.
- Wash laundry with water as cold as possible or — in case you only want to get rid of odour, hang it outside or put it in the freezer. Your garments with thank you for it and last longer.
- Make your own all-purpose cleaner by simply mixing 1 part of white vinegar with three parts of water. This helps to omit effluent pollution and usage of plastic packaging.
- Use reusable coffee cups for your coffee-to-go. You can be strict on this with yourself: if you forget the cup, you deny yourself the coffee to go.
- Use reusable bottles instead of plastic bottles for half a litre of water.
- Try to abandon food to go — this requires an enormous amount of aluminium, paper, and plastic packaging.
- When you have glass containers (e.g. for jam, sauces, etc.), reuse them for spices, or other food — it keeps everything clean, looks tidy and protects them from moths.
- Consider stainless steel lunch boxes instead of wrapping your lunch sandwich in simple paper or plastic packaging (there are also beautiful waxed papers, that are cleanable and reusable — you can even make them yourself).
- In your bathroom, use a bar of soap instead of liquid soap in a plastic bottle.
- Avoid microbeads in cosmetics. If you want a peeling mask, mix ground, used coffee with a little olive oil and if you like, some sea salt. This mask is nutritional for your skin and biodegradable. You’re welcome.
Sea You Soon.
Chapter II: Urban CommuteFull post
The morning light streams into the street as wheels spin into motion and people move like water. Finding the path of least resistance. Spokes and gears are in conversation, click-clacking their teeth together. As the gradient grows, thighs burn like candles: warmly. We’re cycling again.
Protect What You LoveFull post
Our team at TWOTHIRDS is not only producing sustainable clothing for you, but also stands completely behind the whole idea and science that for example, the “Fridays for Future” movement and scientists all over the world represent.
No Green, No BlueFull post
WE MADE IT! Thank you for all of your support. We have exceeded our goal by an overwhelming amount! Together we have taken a step further to preserve the environment. Let’s continue to take care and protect what you love.